Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Marked person

I am, officially, a marked person. I have a tattoo!! What!!?? Yes, that's right. I have a tattoo. I know it's hard to believe for those of you who know me. What would possess an almost 52 year old woman to do such a thing to her body? I don't know if I really have a good answer for you, but it's good enough for me. It's my memorial to my mother. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time now, but just kept putting it off because I just wasn't sure. Well, I was finally sure, so on July 9th, 2007 I let this funny little guy stick needles into my wrist, thousands of times, over and over again, using several different colors of ink. It took about 20 minutes, and before you ask, yes IT HURT!!! Don't let anyone tell you different. It's kind of like getting stung by a thousand bees, over and over again. I guess it just depends on your tolerance for pain. And it's true what they say....once you get one, you are hooked. I'm ready to go back! It was actually a mother/daughter experience. Ashley also got a tattoo on her ankle. She too is ready to go back. Not for another one, but to add to the one she got. It's crazy!!
When it's my time to leave this life, people will know that, if nothing else, I loved my mother. Just look at my right wrist. Tattooed in Kansas. Colleen

No comments: