Tuesday, July 03, 2007

This and That

It's a wonderful day is Kansas. My nephew called his dad last night about 11:30. Another big sigh of relief from all of us. He said they had been to a shopping area in Baghdad that reminded him of Georgia. It's amazing to think that after all that's happened over there, that there could still be any kind of normal life going on. Guess the people are used to all the bombings and are able to eke out bits and pieces of a normal day to day existence. I just can't imagine! Anyway, what's important today is that Chris was ok, again.
The days are quickly winding down....only 4 more days until our sale. I talked to my aunt yesterday and I told her the hardest thing about selling the house and then having to go through this sale is that it brings an end to my parents lives. As long as that house was standing there, with all their belongings still in it, it was like they were still there. It's hard to explain my feelings, but it makes me sad. It's been a very stressful period in my life and I guess it's time to let go. She said that we will always have the memories......so true.
Sad in Kansas, but glad to be in Kansas. Colleen

No comments: